I decided from some study that focusing on the mind from how I am today will be over complex. This is because the adult mind is far more complicated in subconscious unlike a child.
So I have decide to break it down to a particular age in my life. Using narration to talk from my perspective on it now.
This age has to be an age where I was starting to really explore the adventure of the world. This could be around the age of 10 or 11.
This means I could base the mind world off of my experience at that age. Focus on nature more as this was an age I became very fascinated in it. That fascination grew and grew.
The world design:
I could think about good experiences from outdoors. I am also looking at it from my adult perspective of what is important to me now.
Now I feel nature is even more important to me cause I find an escape from the conformity of the cities and towns. I want to capture that intrigue fantasy value in nature, in a woods. This could mix with my original intent with the Chinese fantasy. This concept I feel more broader understood to children no matter how much technology adapts.
Nature to me as a Christian is one of Gods greatest creations. I love the unique scenery of the woods and feel on it's own it can look magical.
I also love the graphic style of cartoon comics like Over the Hedge, Calvin and Hobbes and Sam and Max. The woods could have an illustrated style and be shot high in the trees. Their will be some tree houses with bright colours and other items representing my childhood. I never had a tree house as a kid but I wish I had. In primary school during playtime I used to imagine a giant tree house that I owned. The lighting would still be inspired on my early idea of Disney dark rides, of luminescent textures and theater lighting.
11 could be a great age because nowadays that is around the age that primary school kids start their most daunting SATS/ exams.
images
https://www.animationsource.org/overhedge/en/custom/&id_film=131&nump=8125
accessed 07/10/2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_%26_Max
accessed 07/10/2017


No comments:
Post a Comment