My plan so far and experimentation.
The first thing I decided when coming up with a project that was personal to me, was to aim it at kids while also appealing to all ages including people around my age. I chose to aim for kids because I feel personally even though I have matured and grown up, I still make sure not to lose that childhood sense of adventure and imagination in everything that I experience. I find it endearing to keep my childhood side and to embrace it instead of abandoning it and classing it as babyish and immature. I personally feel that keeping this sense of fun as an adult is very important. Many great individuals make a career out of it. People like John Lasseter the Founder of Pixar animation once said.
"People who get into animation tend to be kids. We don't have to grow up. But also, animators are great observers, and there's this childlike wonder and interest in the world, the observation of little things that happen in life."
John Lasseter
John Lasseter Quotes - BrainyQuote. [online] Available at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_lasseter.html [Accessed 3 Aug. 2017].
Examples of Dark ride designs
snow white rideSnow White's Scary Adventures: The Missing Magic Kingdom Classic. [online] Theme Park Tourist. Available at: http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20170108/32381/lost-legends-snow-whites-scary-adventures [Accessed 3 Aug. 2017].
blue print of journey into imagination ride
E82 - The Epcot Legacy - Historical Expositions. [online] Available at: http://www.epcotlegacy.com/historical-expositions/ [Accessed 3 Aug. 2017].

ride idea based on the film Laputa Castle in the Sky
Cite a Website - Cite This For Me. [online] Available at: http://kotaku.com/disney-theme-park-designer-imagines-a-castle-in-the-sky-1776793424 [Accessed 3 Aug. 2017].
Beginning plan: Dreams
So for the Project I thought how can I get across that sense of imagination. I first decided I would create something I have always wanted to from childhood. After some thought the decision first was to make a world set in dreams. This decision came from a multimedia painting I did in College based on the book Invisible Cities by (Giulio Einaudi Editore) This mixed with inspiration from Disney theme park attractions created a plan to create a short ride with a camera moving through different locations with triggered events. The project was going to be 3 different rooms with different passages and corridors.
Study Into dreaming and the mind
Dreams are a fascinating phenomena of the human mind. What I found fascinating while researching dreams is that they are allot more than just a break from reality.
Dreams can teach us about the human condition. As surreal or incomprehensible as dreams may be they are actually a window into how we are feeling about the world and also how to deal with certain problems. For example a dream about being chased by someone could mean you are currently avoiding something in your life, being chased can have different implications depending on what you are being chased by. We all have things we avoid in life the brain tries to tell us what we are avoiding and how to gain control.
The plan of dreams was a good draft idea, however I felt I had to make something that was easy to make sense for myself so instead I am changing the plan to focus on the mind. my own personal mind to be precise.
The mindscape
I decided to focus on the mind since I could break it into three locations Childhood, fears and My Aspiration in life. The ride could start in childhood dip into fears then comeout in aspirations.
No comments:
Post a Comment