This page is like a diary for all the ideas.
26/09
update
make 2.5d version of Hawaii as one of my locations. Use inspiration from a dream I once had on a Hawaiian island. It could start with a small beach and as the camera pans right we see an opening to a rain forest with tiki statues leading the way.
Visual representations could be an open book.
a film reel path that moves the viewer through the mind. film represents memory in my mind
main influence and theme
Classic Film and animation
Nature and exploration
Childhood
for childhood I thought it could have a more eastern theme in style while using inspiration from western art in colours and structures. The scenes would feel wide open using theatre styles backdrops round each corner. this area would be designed to feel like a free adventure through a landscape taking different turns round corners like a care free trip through a woods. The end of this location would have an unexpected turn that would lead the viewer to the fear part of the mind.
Ideas for landmarks and events: one part that is set out like a board game. a ball pool pit under an indoor play area rope bridge. maybe some mountain backdrops with a water fall of paint that flows into the area of dreams.
Fear
Maybe my sense of fear could be a mixture of European architecture, Romanian with a steampunk theme to represent my fears of progression and of time itself. The art could be inspired off of MC Escher. The film real could guide the viewer through the land of fear and could even have abit of a personality. Could be getting chased by something to bring in a little dream theory aswell. There could be something in a cage or prison representing a certain personality trait that i keep hidden or is trying to break out. This area could also represent a fear of growing up and becoming drained of who I once was. this also relates to allot of people around this age.
this part could start from a door that is locked that unlocks that then leads to a slide. The slide would start as a fun ride but then transition into a nightmare. Then the slide would empty out into a barren and spooky forest. There would be less colour in this location. First a corridor of withered trees and plants. leading to a industrial factory. The fear of the environment but also the fear of the future and progress in life. There could be giant clocks ticking away and machines of devastation.
Pleasure and dreams
This area could be themed around different types of art supplies and mixed with my interests and hobbys. this area could represent where I currently are in a state of mind. Referencing college and university and the free expression I love watching films. ever since I was young so I could impliment my love of movies. from clunky VHS to blueray DVDs. There could be an area with movie snacks and film refference. I also have a history of loving video games. I loved building stuff out of cardboard when I was litte.
Beliefs.
I care alot about the environment and about the environmental issues like global warming. I care about animal rights and how we are all equal and should learn to live. I am also a believer in god and believe that everyone and everything has a purpose.
One philosophy and belief I have about life is to live it to the
fullest, not getting trapped in the superficial society and instead
getting out there exploring the world and it's culture, history, and
most importantly to me nature.
the center of my mind.
designed like a classic animation studio with cels and animation work tables. This room could go around in a circle. There could be a door to a room that is locked this would lead to the door unlocking, leading into the world of fear.
The camera that is used should have personality to it. Displaying different emotions and character in different parts of the ride. Unlike a themepark I could control the staging of the camera to drive the narrative of the story and locations.
ride map and construction ideas.
The ride could go through different rooms and corridors.
Rooms
first room: start of ride simple forest backdrop. maybe a signpost at the start to add information for the audience. next the wood would quickly transition into the world of my imagination.
second room: the next are from that would be the imagination.
third room: pleasures and hobbys
fourth room: leads into dreams of the future.
fifth room: strange area of moving film real representing my recollection of thought while also being a room to represent the foreshadowing of what is to come.
sixth room: the center of my thoughts. The room would be a circular room setup like a clasiic animation studio representing my love of classic animation.
seventh room: This room would be the representation of fear reality and and growing up.
eighth room :this room would represent ambition and new found maturity.
nineth room: Ending and conclusion
simplified idea (back up plans)
Simplified the project could be just two locations with transtions. The world could be set like two different staged scenes with backdrops in the back.
mechanics
doors that fling open.
sets that move out the way
view point of camera sharply turns. feels like you might crash instead turns.
camera pans round important objects
No comments:
Post a Comment