Formula 1: "Take something that kids do/did enjoy, and take the safety breaks off of it. Ramp it up to the extremes that a wildly imaginative child would wish it to be" Mr Enter
https://mrenter.deviantart.com/art/Growing-Around-Writing-Guidelines-Formulas-707862350
accessed 28/10/2017
This could be a great idea to make the childhood elements more exciting. Don't just model objects from my childhood but take the things I enjoyed as a kid and amp up the idea to the extreme.
examples I can think of shows that do this are shows like Phineas and Ferb and Code Name Kids Next Door. Childhood is a time of exaggeration and experiencing things for the first time.
phineas and ferb is a show that does this formula allot. This is a newer show that I watched on the Disney Channel it captured that wild imagination of a kid and brought it to new heights
Some visual examples based on kid activities and things I loved as a kid.
tree house
Jumping in autumn leaves is exaggerated into a giant slide and boat ride down a river of autumn leaves.
S'fall
The greatness of the summer holidays
fun houses
Overall this shows examples of how I could make my ideas more interesting for kids. Taking off the brakes of safety and regulations creating something more unique.
I have also learned from researching cartoons aimed for kids are more mature than most shows aimed for adults. In a way that they teach important lessons that adults can understand just a much as kids
http://phineasandferb.wikia.com/wiki/File:Minigolf.jpg
accessed 26/10/2017
http://aminoapps.com/page/cartoon/5664722/my-top-10-favourite-phineas-and-ferb-inventions
accessed 26/10/2017
No comments:
Post a Comment