The Shipley Glen tram way is a tram near where I live in Shipley. As a child there was a kinda magic to it. They had a fair ground at the top of the hill with old rides and amusements.Unfortunately it got closed down and replaced with a housing estate. I thought I could use some memories from this place to represent my love of the fair from the perspective of a kid. Sadly in my oppinion fair grounds have become more pricier these days. The lack of ticket machines means every ride costs 2£ each. originaly you would buy a hand full of tickets and go on the rides using the tickets.
I liked the simplicity of shipley Glen fairground and feel the old rides and beutiful woods it surrounds was a childhood dream. I remember going on walks in shipley glen woods with my parents then coming to the fairground to go on some rides.
This overall is study into childhood locations I could if I have time make some of these rides however it is not a main priority.
This overall is study into childhood locations I could if I have time make some of these rides however it is not a main priority.
images
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/4057229.On_track_for_a_great_day_out/?ref=arc
accessed 22/10/2017
https://www.yorkshire.com/view/culture/shipley/shipley-glen-tramway-126070
accessed 22/10/2017
http://www.joylandbooks.com/shipleyglen/gallery4.htm 2 pictures
accessed 22/10/2017
http://www.urbexforums.com/showthread.php/10807-Shipley-Glen-Dodgems!-November-2010
accessed 22/10/2017

No comments:
Post a Comment