Friday, 13 October 2017

Inspirations from media from childhood

Fairly odd parents
The fairly odd parents was a fun whimsical show on nicktoons. A show about a 10 year old kid Timmy Turner who has two magical Fairy god parents who grant him wishes. It was a fun show. One of the episodes that had an effect on me was the 1 hour special Fairly odd parents the musical. This episode is about the fun of summer holidays while also being a very poignent story about adults and kids.


Adults Ruin Everything


This song is from the opinion of kids about adult conformity. I feel to some adults they can relate to the message of conformity in society. It also raises some political opinions on how the world is run. This has helped inspire my direction of escape from the mind of a kid. 

Wheres the Fun and Unfundamentals

This song and story is about the dangers of manipulation in society. Teaching us ideologies that we grow to believe. In this case we have a clown that is raised to believe that everything fun is wrong. The colours that reflects the pixie characters has inspired my nightmare school. The use of dull purples and grayed out buildings at 7:13 reflects the message I am trying to convey about the nightmare school through use of composition. The other song unfundamentals further shows this message.

The fairly odd parents overall is a show I grew up with from childhood. It worked nicely to use influence from the fantasy style story telling. I also feel this is one of the shows that influenced my perspective on adults at an early age not wanting to follow the norms and be who I wanted to be instead. The stereotyped look at adult life is exactly the person I never wanted to grow up to be. These two examples are not inspirations now but they shaped my way in thinking as a kid.


Code Name Kids Next Door

Kids next door had the same effect on me. This episode in particular shows the fears of growing up from a kid perspective. As a kid media like this didn't make me want to grow up.

Operation G.R.O.W.U.P 
 
13:32 "it's not your age thats changed mr Uno. It's you" number 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Animation and Conclusion

Journey Through My Mind Conclusion I feel that the final product stands out with its meaning and its visuals. It represents my...