At the start of this it was a new experience rendering on a huge amount of computers. A majority of the computers missed frames so I had to go back and re-render certain frames. Here are the first examples
frames missed
228
259-291
410-472
1340-1441
1670-1761
1791-1801
1904-1920
2310
2411
2475
2574
2615
1951
2210
1979
2359
2546
2789
2947
2993
3046
3095
3135
3195
3244
3293
3385
3433
3483
134 frames missing
As can be seen the computers caused allot of the problems these frames all were skipped by the computer.
Human Mistake Frames
during re-rendering error frames a new worse problem emerged. some of the frames I had not noticed objects were missing from them and some showed either a wrong camera render, a render frame that was canceled before completed and completely blank frames altogether.
I started searching for the frames using a mixture of the directory and even searching for them in a test video in after effects.
Searching the final after effects first caused a problem since the frame rate was incorrect on the video and composition. Once corrected I found the correct frames with errors and fixed them properly instead of re-rendering the frame before the error.
mistake frames
1265
1296
1334
1538
1309
1360
1391
1393
re-rendering bad frames was extremely challenging and stressful. some of the mistakes ranged from very quick stutters to small sequences with a missing object. Hopefully I have managed to iron out most of the errors and will not ruin the immersion of my final product
there were allot of frames I catalogued
816-846
these frames had the sky be replaced with just flashes of black I rendered over this shot once but I guess the computer skipped it so it had to be rendered again.
extra passes to fix errors
To solve some of the frames where objects would disapear i rendered the missing objects seperately on other passes this was to save time rendering entire image sequences. I used post production to layer the fixed frames on to the final sequence.
One problem I came across was at the start in the classroom, the lighting I used caused a glitch where it showed stuttered frames of lighting. However after further analysis, reflection and feedback from others and myself I decided it adds to the chaos and uncomfortable nature of the school. I left it in intentionally, feeling that it adds more than takes away and enhances the scene. The flickering lights look like the jarring fluorescent tubes that are in many classrooms. It brings life and movement to a dull scene and adds to the feel of unease and discomfort. The speed of the light also fits with music as it gets faster.
extra passes to fix errors
To solve some of the frames where objects would disapear i rendered the missing objects seperately on other passes this was to save time rendering entire image sequences. I used post production to layer the fixed frames on to the final sequence.
One problem I came across was at the start in the classroom, the lighting I used caused a glitch where it showed stuttered frames of lighting. However after further analysis, reflection and feedback from others and myself I decided it adds to the chaos and uncomfortable nature of the school. I left it in intentionally, feeling that it adds more than takes away and enhances the scene. The flickering lights look like the jarring fluorescent tubes that are in many classrooms. It brings life and movement to a dull scene and adds to the feel of unease and discomfort. The speed of the light also fits with music as it gets faster.
Conclusion
Allot of the delays to the project have been a mixture of the computers error and my own. The computers have been difficult to work with on this project and most of the human errors are thanks to trying to fix the computers mistakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment